June 12, 2006

The final list of Cool Girls from Children's Litertature, 200 strong

I'm more than a bit behindhand in my blog reading and posting, so I was delighted to see that Jen was able to tally the votes and compile her list, for two lists: the Top 20 Cool Girls in Children's Literature (you'll just have to hop over to see who won), and in alphabetical order by name, all 200 girls nominated, with links for all the book titles no less.

I have to admit I'm not too familiar with most of the modern entries (the kids and I have started reading the first Harry Potter book and we're not even up to Hermione yet), but some of my oldest, dearest friends are on the list. And I have a feeling Laura and the boys will be discovering some new and equally treasured friends; I'm thinking I should print out a few copies of the list, one to tuck in our library bag and another near the computer for online interlibrary loans. Thank you, Jen!

No comments: