July 21, 2005

Is it me?

This month I've listened to a fair number of interviews with, like, 10- to 14-year-olds, you know, mainly in connection with the release of the new Harry Potter book? Today, I heard like two interviews on the radio and whatever, and it was like the straw that broke the camel's, um, back? I'm reminded again, like, you know, like how poorly so many kids today speak, even the ones who, like, like reading, do well in school, are like smarter than the average bear, and, um, whatever, you know? So one of the girls, she goes like, you know, "I just love to read!" and then her friend goes like, "I know!"

Like, I'm glad they're, you know, reading and literate whatever, and at least Harry Potter is like so much better than Animorphs, like a modern, like, classic, but, you know, I'm still not impressed with like their speech and whatever? You know?

No comments: