August 10, 2005

Blog Slut

(Or would that be "blogslut"?) I know, I know, this is a family forum.

But I went to read a friend's new blog about family nutrition and food (with the promise of recipes in the future) -- I'm not sure it's public yet -- and discovered Blogsome. The templates, or themes as they are called there, are beautiful. And it seems to be ever so much easier and faster to use than Blogger. And did I say that the templates are beautiful? And very much different from all the usual Blogger ones that we homeschoolers seem to use. It would be really, really nice to have something different.

I'm torn. I'm thinking about jumping ship. On the one hand, Blogsome is simple and better looking (sounds like most of the actors I've enjoyed over the past 20 years). On the other hand, I got my blogging feet wet with Blogger, and Blogger has a wonderful support system for Luddites and other assorted computer idiots. The other problem is that I'm having some trouble sorting out some of the File (Blogsome speak for "Template") appearance, especially getting the Link Categories to appear. If you have any ideas or are willing to walk me through this, I'd be ever so grateful.*

But if I have a feeling that once I figure out this HTML business and template tags (I sound as if I know what I'm doing, don't I?!), it'll be bye-bye Blogger. If I go, I'll be sure to post the link, er, forwarding address, for my new home.

*Oh. Oh yeah. And a big oh at that, too-- Blogsome has ads. Bah, bleh, gah, and feh. I believe I know where to delete them from the template/file area -- the place where it says, of course, "DO NOT DELETE." I wonder if the Blogsome police boot offenders out of Blogsome land. Must work on this, either removing ads without raising Blogsome's ire or coming to terms with becoming a billboard.

No comments: